Friday, August 24, 2007

20th Sunday of Ordianry Time 19 August 2007

This Homily (12 minutes) was given Fr. Thomas Weise at the Sunday 5:30 pm Mass. In the first reading we find the prophet Jeremiah suck in the mud, and God saves him. Is my prayer life stuck in the mud? Jesus proclaims that he came to light the world on fire with the love of God and neighbor. Has the flame of my faith gone out? Am I willing to let Jesus be a catalyst for change in my life, my family, my workplace, my community? How has believing in Jesus separated me from others? How has it brought me together with others outside my normal circle?

Readings: Jeremiah 38:4-6, 8-10, Psalm 40:2-4, 18, Hebrews 12:1-4, Luke 12:49-53.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so real, Fr. Thomas- I always get so much out of your homilies and they give me such courage to press on to know God more and let Him work in me. Thanks and God bless you!